29 July 2010

J'aime rouge

Did I tell you that I am currently obsessed with red?

red teapot

I'm not exactly sure what happened.. last year I can honestly say that there was not a single thing in my wardrobe that was red. (I always thought it was just too harsh for my pale skin and mousy brown hair.) But something happened this winter.. I am constantly attracted to red things.. fabric, paintings, earrings, shoes, bags.. you name it, if it is red then I will 'ooh' and 'ahh' over it.

So I had a little impromptu shopping spree yesterday.. You know how it is, you pop over to the shopping centre for milk and come home with new shoes. No, actually I have a very tight budget (one of the few downsides of being a full time mummy and living off one income) and never usually buy things on a whim.. But I just couldn't resist..

lovely things

Okay, so the reason I bought this outfit is that we have a dinner with Tom's work colleagues tonight and a friend's birthday dinner on Saturday night. (Yes, Tom and are going out more times this week than we have in the last year! Seriously!)

Since becoming a mummy, I seem to have misplaced all my nice shoes. I'm not quite sure where they went.. I used to own lots of nice shoes, but now my wardrobe is full of sneakers. All day, every day... sneakers!

shoes

And I really couldn't wear my battered old converse to dinner could I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...