11 August 2010

The Craft Room

Last month I attended a beginners sewing class at the craft room in Sydney. It was perfect for me because they went right through the basics, even showing you how to thread a machine, cut out patterns, etc. I walked out of the class having finished a little skirt for Sophie and feeling very proud of myself.

the craft room

Since then I have been hooked. I now spend as much time as I can behind my sewing machine or cutting out patterns or in a fabric store. And I love the thrill I get every time I finish a new project.

Sophie's dress

Yesterday I finished a few projects I had been working on, including this little pinafore dress for Sophie. Now, if only I could get her to stay still long enough to take a photo..

On the run..

3 comments:

Cat said...

Good on you! It's such a great feeling accomplishing something new. The pinafore dress is sweet.:)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Adorable, those skills will last you a life time!! Love Posie

Catherine said...

it looks beautiful - and sooo neat around the facing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...