01 September 2011

Craft night

sewing table

One of my friends emailed me the other day and asked if I have been doing any sewing in Perth.. Have I ever?!

For the first time in my life I actually have my own sewing room and I have been getting my craft on! (In Sydney I always worked from the dining room table because we lived in such little places and having my own sewing room was a fantasy.)

I have been doing soo much sewing and I even got an overlocker for mothers day a few months ago! (Thanks Tom Sophie!)

But the best thing of all is that one of Tom's friends from high school invited me to join her craft night when I arrived in Perth, so every Tuesday night I catch up with a bunch of really cool and crafty mums and we spend the night drinking tea, eating yummy treats and sewing! It is Awesome with a capital A!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Did you make that skirt Katie? It's goooorgeous!! I now have a dedicated sewing room which is all I wanted when it was my full time job, now I have a full time job out of home and don't use the sewing room! Infuriating.

Tania said...

Is that the tutu from the Little Things book? It is stunning in that peachy colour.

Steph said...

Gorgeous tutu Katie! Where did you get the pattern? Poppet would LOVE one of those!! Your crafty evening sounds wonderful. Enjoy some "me" time with fellow kindred spirits :) x

Katie: Grow.Cook.Sew. said...

The tutu pattern is in the Oliver and S book 'little things to sew'. It's such a good pattern, I have made so many of them in loads of different colours! x

Jacinta said...

Oh my gosh ADORABLE tutu! My 3 yr old would beg me for one if you knew I could sew her one... and continue to beg every waking moment of course til I do.
So cool you have a regular sewing group to be part of. I need to start mine up again but we've all gotten too busy and don't make the time. Grr. It was so fun though.

bron @ baby space said...

Was the friend me??? ;)

I am so jealous! I'd love to:

a) have a sewing room

and, more importantly:

b) know how to sew!

I think I really must try it again. That skirt looks so lovely. And look at all your books there! And the thread organisation! Sigh.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...