16 March 2012

Confessions.

Bed. Magazine. iPad

I am covered in crumbs. I have eaten every single meal in bed for the last two weeks, sometimes Sophie and Tom join me for a family picnic on the bed. There are crumbs. Lots of crumbs. It's crummy. (Yes, I'm that funny).

I actually count down the days till the next issue of Real Living comes out every month. And then I wait at the newsagent before they open on the day it comes out (I don't really because I have a subscription, but I could!)

I no longer shower every day. I don't remember the last time I shaved my legs or washed my hair. I feel so sorry for my poor husband, but really.. all I do is lie in bed all day. Do I really need to bother? I think not.
(Sophie asked me yesterday if she will get hairy legs when she is a big girl and I replied "yes" and she shuddered. True story.)

It's our wedding anniversary in a few weeks, I bought Tom something that I really want. (A set of these. Do not click on that link if you are my husband).

I told my friends that being on bed rest will be great for our savings because I will no longer do groceries every day, meet friends for coffee, go shopping or leave the house at all and they all laughed at me. I now know why. (Imagine if you could spend all day on Etsy!)

Sometimes I watch Gossip Girl. I'm so glad I got that off my chest.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I was just talking to a friend on the phone who is pregnant and has been on bed rest this week due to having early contractions. She was saying how bored she was getting and I instantly thought of you :)

My copy of Real Living just arrived in the post this morning too and I was super excited - I always feel a littlesad when I've finished flipping through an issue andhave to wait another month for the next :)

Sophie's question abouthairy legs made me smile :)

Heidi / I'm with Leia said...

Oh yeah Etsy...so scary nice especially if you have your credit card linked to your pay pal as I used to do...

take care sweetie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing really well. You know your relationship is great when you don't have to worry about hair washing and leg shaving.

hello milky said...

Until now I have been too ashamed to tell anyone I watch Gossip Girl, but now I know I am not alone! It's so my guilty pleasure... I am actually addicted.

Thanks for your lovely comments. Here's to happy days in bed :)
Jess x

little miss olive said...

you sound like you're doing really well...

i've never watched gossip girl but i have been watching "pretty little liars" each week -- that's my guilty pleasure!

one claire day said...

I laughed out loud at your gossip girl confession!

Enjoy going 'boho' - at least you have a good excuse! xx

Jaclyn said...

this post has had me rolling. i am sorry you are stuck in bed. its for the best i presume. your blog is lovely.

Sox said...

Dear Katie
This message has been a few weeks coming so sorry for my delayed CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy, I am so very happy for you all!
We are trying again also so I will let you know how we go.
Being a mother is the greatest gift.
My David has been offered a new job with NAB in both Perth & Sydney so we are discussing our options. I must admit I am pretty settled here in Noosa now so it would be a shame to leave.
love reading your blog and will stay in touch.
lots of love Sue-Ellen
Sophie is a gorgeous girl!
I should send you a picture of my Pippa which is the best place to send?

Kirsty @ Bowerbird Blue said...

I'm not pregnant and getting about just fine yet still have crumbs in the bed, hairy legs and missing showers, you've got a great excuse. I love a Sunday sleep in and all the kids cuddle up next to me some time in the morning for a chat and play - they've got you right where they want you.

I hope you have some luck with this pregnancy, what a terrible roller coaster, hang in there little one.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...